Wednesday, June 23, 2021

It wasn't very light out when I woke up this morning. 

Wish I could blame it on the 'shorter' days now that we've passed the Summer Solstice, but most likely <g> it was due to the fact that it was still rather early.  

That will, however, afford me plenty of time for a clutter muck-a-thon 

before my 1:00 FaceTime with the cleaners.

 


I'd forgotten that I'd signed up for a library program 
until a reminder landed in my e-mail today.




2021 Arizona Author Series: Lesley Poling-Kempes “Ladies of the Canyons: A Storytelling Journey” Online

Lesley Poling-Kempes will present a talk, "Ladies of the Canyons: A Storytelling Journey" as part of the State of Arizona Research Library’s 2021 Arizona Author Series. The talk is at 1 p.m., Wednesday, June 23rd, and will be held virtually on Zoom. 

Too bad I haven't figured out (yet?) how to do THIS!


Happily I don't seem to be suffering any after-effects from yesterday's leg day, though I can't count on being home free on that score until I see what tomorrow brings.



While Tom watched the Suns win last night (sounds like it was a good game) I worked on some unfinished bindings while I watched Burden, based on a true story that occurred in Laurens, South Carolina. "While it is a story about racism and prejudice in 1996, the message at its core of redemption and unity is one that resonates just as much in today's incredibly volatile political climate."


I do enjoy movies based on fact, and appreciated the cameos with the actual Mike Burden and Reverend Kennedy during the credits; am putting the book on my list. 


No comments:

Post a Comment