Thursday, June 17, 2021

At Busy Bees yesterday Louise did a Storm at Sea demo.


It's been on my list for years (decades?) though it hasn't yet floated to the top.  Louise brought along photos of different effects as a result of color choices, some of which I'd seen and some others I hadn't... like this one with fish.



I got to show off my scrap string quilt -


and my Chain Link top (which I then handed over to Monica.)


She's going to try to get it back to me at the Fidget Quilt workshop on July 7.  Judging from the number of raised hands we should have a good-sized group participating (and doesn't hurt that we're going to do a salad pot luck that day!)

Here are two samples from yesterday:




Some of the other Show & Tell~ 

Carol



Joyce


I liked the sentiment on Joyce's shirt:
Friends and Quilts are great no matter how they are put together.



Pat



Pennie "inherited" the HEIDI part (a woman was making a quilt for her son's girlfriend but then they broke up) and added on to it to make this for her cousin Heidi.




The rose is a panel which Pennie then enhanced with her beautiful quilting.




On the way home I stopped to pick up my watch.  With 8 (!) links removed it now sits snugly in one place on my wrist instead of rattling around. 




The Panini place right there is open again (YAY!) so I stopped in for lunch. And since I could only eat half of my huge wrap (chicken salad with apples and walnuts and other goodies) lunch today is taken care of!



After stashing it in the frig I headed to the library to pick up a book for Tom.  Curbside pickup had ended at noon (it was 12:15) and the library itself didn't open until 12:30, so I had a bit of a wait in the heat.



I wasn't terribly productive the rest of the afternoon, but hope to get some things done this morning before PT this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment