Monday, June 21, 2021

 I had a very good check up at oncologist this morning. 

As usual, all of my bloodwork was excellent (cancer markers good, white count good, I'm not anemic, etc.)   So I'm good-to-go for another 6 months until my next scheduled check up in December.


Brownie 'helped' me muck by riding along when I dropped off many bags (mostly clothes) at Savers drive-thru, dropped off my old laptop for Don to wipe the hard drive and recycle, and dropped off old meds for proper disposal.  It was not easy to find a pharmacy to do that (I had to go to the Walgreens at Bell and 3rd St.)   I used the far drive-thru far lane, sending the bottles through the pneumatic tube, though she wanted me to come in for that 'transaction'.  Not sure why that would be required, and I did tell her I was on crutches, so she let it go "this time." 


I was home in time for a quick lunch before PT.  I did call and check, because I'd gotten another e-mail from my eye doctor (right next door) that they were still having issues with their phones/power after Friday's outage. 


Ryan measured me again today, and once again I have made substantial improvements in range of motion and foot strength.  So today he added hurdles, though it was a good thing he hung on to the safety belt around my waist because I'm sure not ready for prime time (like the hurdlers I watched yesterday during the track & field Olympic trials.) 

I was at PT a full two hours, so I'm 'guessing' <g> that I won't be terribly productive for the rest of the day.  At this point I'm thinking that PT stands for "pretty tired".

No comments:

Post a Comment