Monday, June 28, 2021

As of yesterday 

I'm still a little behind on my upper body weights/reps at the gym. 


Irrigation did NOT go as hoped yesterday.


Our water was almost half an hour late - though of course WE still needed to release it as scheduled.   In an effort to force more of the water to the south-facing front yard, Tom cut off water to the Back 40 for most of the remaining 90 minutes.  So while the bottlebrush tree got a little, most of the oleander hedge went without.  


Once again (and not 'just' for the second, or even third, time!) it was the fault of the people up-ditch, who were out of town but apparently made no effort to have someone take care of their WMID responsibilities.   



With the ground as parched as it was 



the water understandably soaked in quickly; this morning there is no standing water out front (and just a little out back in some low spots.) 



On a happier note, Andy and Sandy called yesterday just to chat.  


And while there wasn't a whole lot of news on either end -

I was thrilled to be able to tell them of my foot progress!



Sandy liked the "just because" pig pot I sent her.  
I'm looking forward to see what she plants in it.



What an adorable surprise!!! Thank you, Bobbi. It will make me smile every day.


I have Wanda's birthday lunch today, so PT had to be rescheduled for late afternoon.  That's not my most productive time of the day (plus my foot is sore after all the 'walking' around the house that I've been doing on it) so it should be interesting <g> to see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment