Monday, January 17, 2022

Today was one of "those" days...

You  know what they say...

 

I thought I was off to PT.  But when I started up the car tire light on the dash came on.  Normally that wouldn't be much of a worry - but it had happened on Saturday when I was leaving the battery store, so I'd stopped in at Goodyear to have them check.  None of the tires were especially low, but the guy said "if it happens again" to come check.  


Since I hadn't driven it since then, I knew there was something going on.  In the driveway I fiddled with my controls, and it showed my left rear tire at only 1 psi!  Naturally I got out to look, and <sigh>  it was flat as a pancake.  


First thing I did was call PT and let them know I wouldn't make it in, and then had to figure out how to get the tire to Firestone (where I bought the set of tires) to address the situation; sadly Robert was slammed and couldn't get someone here.  He suggested if we have the use of a compressor I could drive it the mile, or we could take the tire off and bring it over there.  So I went back to ask for help from Alex - and woke him up! 


I thought he'd be busily working, slammed with phone appointments like most Mondays - but he's off today (for Martin Luther King Day) and was trying to sleep in.



Alex was able to get a 12 pounds of air into the tire with his portable compressor before that battery died, so the car was drivable over to Firestone (less than a mile.)  I ended up needing a new tire after they pulled a piece of metal "like a razor blade" out of it.  At least the tire was covered, so the replacement barely cost anything.




Then Alex and I headed over to Verizon to get a new phone.  What an idiot that guy was - but at least I wasn't the only one confused by his "you only have to pay the tax" absurdity.  Eventually we just left, and headed to another Verizon store.  On the drive there Farmer's called about Alex's truck insurance; still need to work that out, though the truck IS covered.  The second Verizon store not only had a 2 hour wait, but it didn't matter because they didn't even have what I needed in stock anyway.




Today's saving grace was that as we pulled up at the battery store to see about a refund, I figured out the battery issue with my flip phone (don't ask....) so at least I have a phone for the time being.


Then Joy and I were off to lunch.  Late as it was at that point we still had a half hour wait for a table at The Black Bear Diner - but our meals were delicious (and huge) and we heartily enjoyed our conversation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment