Wednesday, January 5, 2022

 Monday evening Brownie kept barking at something in the backyard, which is not his usual MO.  I took the flashlight and went out to check, but never did find anything.  Maybe it was a cat, or a raccoon (Tom found some tracks) or a roof rat - but whatever it was had either left the premises or was safely up in a tree.  To keep Brownie inside I closed off the dog door - but forgot to open it back up before I went to bed.  Brownie usually pops outside to pee first thing in the morning while I'm filling his bowl, but I'd forgotten the door was closed and yesterday morning he never said a thing!  


Luckily I did notice before too long 
(and haven't found evidence of an accident!)


I enjoyed yesterday morning's AQG zoom, 

and picked up a few pointers for future group projects and swaps.



After a delightful "already made" lunch of leftovers (salad, spaghetti, and grapefruit) I popped over to Carol's with both pieces of furniture.   The narrow one fit perfectly between her chair and wall, so now she has a spot for her coffee & phone on top, a pocket on the end to hold her remote control, and a narrow cubby underneath perfect for stashing books/magazines.  The other mini table didn't work out and thus came back with me to its original spot in the garage.



I hadn't yet gotten around to asking Tom or Alex to break down the mega pile of cardboard boxes sitting by the recycling can, and that turned out to be a good thing.  

Joy had noticed them and called yesterday afternoon, wanting to know if she could have them.  Her grandson is moving, and had just asked her if she had any boxes he could use. So she and Dick came right over and got them all!


  

While we were out in the driveway a woman walking her dog passed by on the other side of the street.  Brownie started to race over to confront the dog, but did stop at the edge of the driveway at my command.  (Both the woman and I apologized for our dogs!)  Later, when she walked back on our side, Brownie stayed put in the driveway, though he did watch the other dog somewhat intently until the 'threat' was gone.

I completed 4 more blocks yesterday, so the pattern is showing up nicely, and this morning got  a couple more ready to sew when I get back from Busy Bees.  I'm thinking about a possible pattern tweak, so once I have enough blocks done I will take a poll.


Though I was originally scheduled to cook dinner last night, Tom decided he would do it, though I helped out as sous chef, zesting the lemon, dicing the garlic and shallot, etc.  The meal was labor intensive (and not my thing, with multiple dishes cooking on the stovetop or oven at the same time and timing was essential) but it truly turned out scrumptious (even though he accidentally left out one ingredient in the sauce) and looked just like the photo!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment