Tuesday, January 18, 2022

 This is one of those days when I wonder about myself!  



Somehow (?!) I arrived at the gym 15 minutes late - 


which definitely is NOT my modus operandi!

Austin had already given up on me and left, so I climbed the Stairmaster instead.  While I didn't last as long as I'd hoped, I assume that will increase with time.  At noon I was set to head home - but couldn't get my locker open!  (Yes I know the combination; I've been using that same lock for ten years.) 



The first several tries it felt like there was sand inside, and it only turned with difficulty.  On the 3rd or 4th try it moved easier - but still wouldn't open.  Eventually I had to go to the front desk and ask for them to cut the lock.  The young woman at the front tried, but didn't have enough strength with the bolt cutter, so we did have to have one of the guys come into the locker room. 



Mary came over and we walked up to Sandy & Rick's.  As I expected, Mary loved their backyard, and was truly overwhelmed.  My plan had been to take pix - but my camera battery was dead.  Anyone sensing a pattern?

As of four days ago they have a new dog, Willow, a 10-month-old catahoula mix they got at the same rescue shelter where I got Brownie.  The dogs had a good time playing, and we plan to get them together again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment