Wednesday, January 26, 2022

 I made sure I was early to the gym yesterday (after last Tuesday's miscalculation and miss!) and warmed up by doing the elliptical. Austin was there - but it turns out he won't be training any more (his school schedule changed) so I've been passed along to Marco, a youngster of 24.  It seemed to go okay, though (not surprisingly) he seemed a tad patronizing of this oldster - so we shall see.  


    Last night was one of those (all-too-rare!) nights when I didn't wake during the night for a bath room run - so I can't really complain about waking at 4:30 today.  


It certainly helped that I got to start off my day with this absolutely adorable clip of penguin chicks having their first swim.

penguin chicks take first swim 

I have watched it more than once (okay, more than twice at this point.)  But since even the keepers, who should be used to it, can be heard laughing in the background I guess I can be forgiven for totally enjoying it!



Now that it's light I could consider a soak - except that the pool guy will be here this morning.  And while I wouldn't expect him this early, there's ALWAYS Murphy's Law, right?



Which reminds me of the story Tom told over dinner the other night when Bruce was here. 
I, of course, have heard it "more than once"... 



It was a hot summer day in Texas in the 70s, 
and he was in the middle of nowhere.  




He'd been waiting "for hours" when a car finally stopped.  But when he ran up to it and opened the door, the man driving was butt naked, and said, "If you're ready, I'm ready."  


Tom closed the door and went back to hitchhiking.



So instead of a soak I'll go take a shower and get ready to head to Busy Bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment