Thursday, January 6, 2022

 At the Busy Bee meeting yesterday we voted and then scheduled programs/classes for 2022.  Though the process took longer than it should have <g> at least now we're basically set - and with one exception (the self-portrait class) all of my hoped-for projects from the list of possibles made the cut.

  Sadly the BZZZ BEE quilt isn't scheduled until October (I have been jazzed to start that as soon as possible) but at least the Sew Day projects that will take place over the summer months (when I really really really HOPE to be in Colorado!) are the ones in which I'm not particularly interested, so that part worked out well.


Mary came by after and approved of my idea for tweaking the BQ5 arrow blocks, and then we took Brownie for a walk (which made him very happy.)


Not sure why I had such great difficulty later figuring out those new block placements (beyond the original four blocks), but after trying again (and again) eventually I gave up for the day. 

I can only hope that it will go better today!


 

Last night's Hello Fresh dinner, bavette steak, smelled great cooking, looked great (again, just like the photo) when it arrived at the table - and again was delicious.  

I again had helped by taking care of the sous chef chores (washing the the veggies, dicing the shallot, etc.) Tom, however, did the lion's share of the work, and cooked my steak perfectly (rarer than he likes his.)  Among the ingredients was this teensy bottle of sherry vinegar. Small as it is, our recipe only called for using half of it; I assume that the portions for four would use it all.

Tonight was originally planned to be meal #3, a chicken dish - except last evening Alex finally   remembered to mention to Tom <g> that they have tickets for the Suns game tonight. FYI the Suns' accountant is a friend of Alex's.


Since I will be on my own for dinner tonight (the guys will do dinner there beforehand) that makes it a good day to whip up another crock pot of split pea soup; the last pot disappeared all too quickly since I had unexpected extra 'help' with that.  

I'm missing celery, and planned (hoped!) to be able to pop over to the store, less than a mile from the house, first thing this morning. But even with with 9/10 of that distance on our residential (and VERY) low-traffic street, the risk is just not worth it; my intermittent light-headedness and vertigo of the last couple of days is worse this morning.  So Alex has agreed to pick up celery on his way home from the gym this morning. 


 

Obviously I'll also need a ride to/from today's dentist appointment, so Alex will take me, and Tom will pick me up.  I've also canceled this afternoon's PT since falling is NOT a part of the plan! 


Naturally I won't be driving until this latest bout clears up

which (luckily!) doesn't happen often.


Yesterday I started thinking about the VOS retreat, and went to the site looking for the info about the lotto block. That's when I discovered I'll need to bring a blank t-shirt. 

Carolyn is designing a new logo to be used on T-Shirts!  The logo will have a yellow sun with black writing. and will be an iron-on.  (We will iron them on at retreat.) ANYONE WANTING ONE WILL NEED TO BRING A T-SHIRT.  We knew we couldn’t find T-shirts to fit everyone’s sizes or tastes, so we’re asking everyone to bring your own, any type and any color! WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE EVERYONE HAVE A RETREAT SHIRT, SO GET HUNTING FOR YOUR FAVORITE SHIRT!

That must have been swirling around in my unconscious because last night I dreamed that I showed up at the VOS retreat without a shirt for the iron-on decal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment