Sunday, January 2, 2022

 Yesterday I checked the actual BQ5 pattern instructions - and it turns out that I won't need to deal with partial seams if I follow their instructions. So I went ahead and cut out stacks of pieces (which should make speed up block construction today), then worked up a couple more blocks. 


I did brave the cold yesterday afternoon and enjoyed a nice soak, even though the bees were busily buzzing around the hot tub.  Though I rescued several swimmers, I scooped out many more dead ones.

 

Once Sherri opens today I'll need to pop over to TOQS and pay her for Thursday's purchase. Her machine had been acting up all that day, and when I got home and checked my account the payment truly hadn't gone through.  (The sale was pending, but so was a 'refund'.) 


I'm excited to show her how the first completed blocks turned out.



Of course that might change today...



AQG's January Chatter arrived this morning (I never did submit a Busy Bee blurb in last month.)  With their reminder that there are only a handful of days left before the deadline to enter quilts in the annual show in March I finally took care of that this morning.  



Then I was ready to start sewing.  But even wearing my glasses (and with the bright Ott light on) my very first seam this morning 'proved' that it's all-too-easy to confuse the right and wrong sides of the cream fabric...


At least I noticed right away, instead of later when that section was part of a block!

No comments:

Post a Comment