Saturday, January 8, 2022

 Thursday's cleaning and check-up at the dentist went great.  I have no cavities, my gums are holding their own, there is nothing needing a crown, etc., and in fact I don't think there's even anything they're 'watching'!  


That day's pea soup turned out to be my best batch yet, and I enjoyed a hefty bowl for lunch, more for a mid-afternoon snack (when Alex came over and downed two bowls) and then again for dinner when the guys were off to the Suns game.  It was yummy, and filling - though I did experience "some" <g> gas by the evening.


Cara & Zenna had stopped by in the afternoon, and we chatted out back while the dogs ran around together.  She wanted some advice on how to deal with an old friend from out of town who is currently sick but assuming (!) that she "is still welcome to come visit" even though she is not getting tested for covid!  

It wasn't difficult to convince Cara that she needn't feel the least bit guilty about letting her friend (?) know that she does not want to get sick (because who would?!) and that she actually is not okay with that plan.


And what kind of 'friend' IS that, anyway?



My dizziness has continued.  


Yesterday it was constant unless I was horizontal - even while sitting at the table for dinner.  So Tom was on his own for making dinner #3 last night, which turned out delicious but apparently even more labor intensive/time sensitive than the first two.



I spent the day in bed binge-watching TV.  I'm enjoying Outlander (loved reading the book series years ago) and also started Yellowstone.

 


I did not expect this latest 'wrinkle' to go on and on.... 


and of course I thought about calling the doctor yesterday to make an appointment - but Monday is filled (Tom has a doctor appt in the morning to find out the results of his tests/biopsy, we have the exterminator mid-afternoon and the bee guy later in the afternoon), on Tuesday Tom will be gone to Quartzsite all day, then it's Foothills on Wednesday morning.  With no time to be "sick" 



I'm hoping things will work themselves out on their own 
over the weekend...  

No comments:

Post a Comment