Tuesday, January 4, 2022

 With the storm 'season' behind us, yesterday I took care of some much needed work outside: skimmed the pool (lots of leaves), swept the back porch (lots of dirt), etc.  As I was finishing up some of those chores Alex came over to move his RockStar cardboard boxes out of the garage (I helped him sort through them and fill his new over-sized plastic tubs, bought for just that purpose) so now I have room in there to move around and organize.  

While I could still park my car inside (like this guy) I am looking forward to much more space soon, especially once I toss a fair amount of stuff.  Once the shelves have been liberated from old/unused stuff, things currently parked on the floor can be rehomed there.



I'm also moving out two small furniture items (leftovers from Mom & Dad's stuff at the back house) that should tuck nicely into the two little spaces I created in Carol's new place by moving some things around.


For my next four blocks I plan to set the squares in the SW and NE corners and see how those match up with these four.  



After that I will need to decide if I should keep the arrows vertical, or align them horizontally.  It's definitely a work in progress!  




For dinner Alex brought over the elk spaghetti sauce he'd crocked during the afternoon, I made some garlic bread to go with it, and we enjoyed an easy - and tasty - meal. Tonight I am on KP duty, and curious to see how I fare with the first Hello Fresh dinner. 


Sure hope there are no complaints!




After dinner Tom started a new jigsaw puzzle (we'd finished the one of doors) from the multi-pack I brought home from the Busy Bee holiday party in December.  The one he chose has proved to be a bit of a nightmare (just as I predicted) though not as bad as this one with transparent pieces!



I woke up way too early this morning <sigh> but at least that means I should have time to whip up some blocks before the AQZ program, via Zoom, at 10:00.

Swaps, Bees & Raffles: The Joy of Group Quilts - Tina Craig



No comments:

Post a Comment