Monday, January 24, 2022

 Work continued on the quilt yesterday.

Around dinnertime Bruce stopped here for the night, on his way from Quartzsite to Tucson, and the three of us polished off the rest of the beef stew.  It sure was a good batch; may have to make up some more soon!  


I was surprised (and disappointed) that Bruce didn't have his dogs with him this time, but he will be working long hours at the Gem & Mineral show and they'd be stuck in the motor home.  Last time he was here Wally, a black standard poodle, "taught" Brownie to chase the ball, because seeing Wally go after it got Brownie to do it himself.  Until that time I hadn't had any luck getting Brownie to play fetch, so I was thrilled, thinking that would give me a way to exercise him.  But once Wally left, Brownie was not at all interested, and the only time he'll deign to chase a ball is if there's another dog after it.


Made it past 9:00 last night, but I was still up earlier than I'd like this morning - though at least I got some sewing done.  Then I was off to PT, where I polished off another sheet.  For those keeping track, today was session #70.


Lori is going to drop some of the exercises when filling out the next sheet (fine with me) and mentioned doubling my time on the treadmill from 10 to 20 minutes (also fine with me.) I did quip that it would be more fun if there was a movie to watch.)

 


After lunch I went back to check on the quail, who again had tipped over their food dish.  When I went to retrieve the overturned dish so I could refill it, I found an egg.  Took it to the shop so Tom could snap a photo and send it to Alex, and when I put the egg back in the cage I noticed a second one.

  


Tired - and have a headache - so I relaxed and watched another episode of Outlander, and then took a good nap.  Brownie helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment