Sunday, January 30, 2022

 JoAn and I had a delightful day at the Wickenburg quilt show yesterday.  She certainly enjoyed my stories, but when I asked for some of hers, she said mine were better.  


One the drive home I shared the one about the horse trailer incident - and it was a LONG time before she stopped laughing at that one. 



Naturally I took lots of quilt pix (I'll post some at the end) and while I bought my usual $20 of tickets for the various baskets, the third time was not the charm.  I didn't win anything.


There was one quilt that would be perfect 

for some jellyrolls I've been saving.


Drafting the pattern is certainly do-able - which is what I told Jan, a woman who was also admiring the quilt but wondering if she could figure it out herself from a photo.  




So it was a bonus when I found Linda (name tags are so helpful) manning the consignment booth up on the stage. (While I wasn't planning to buy anything yesterday <G> I still "needed' to stroll past all the tables of goodies after I'd viewed the show.)



It was stroke of luck I noticed that my new friend Jan was also browsing up on the stage, so I instructed Linda "don't go anywhere" <g> and brought Jan over. The Mossy Radiation pattern is from an old magazine, and while that's not available anymore Linda's going to e-mail a copy of the pattern to Jan and me.


On one of the tables were bags stuffed full of scraps, and which were a bargain even at their original prices.  But when it turned out everything had been marked down to half-price (I understand how the ladies wanted to avoid schlepping things back home) how could I pass up the three that caught my eye?  


'Strips and Rectangles' were originally $5 


and the 'Small Scraps' had started out at $2 and $3.


So for $5 I now have more goodies to sort through (just when I'd finally gotten all my tubs of scraps sorted!)  Obviously I do need additional tubs...



I also like the red zig zap strip border on this quilt, so that could show up on one of mine down the road. Do have to admit that I was not that thrilled with some of the colors she used; the yellow just doesn't seem to go with the turquoise.  And that was exactly what Jan, who was also checking out that quilt, muttered under her breath.  She and I were obviously on the same page.



This morning I was all set to sew last block onto row 4 (and then maybe sew the four rows together today, even though it looks like I'll need a row 5 for length) but discovered one NE corner block was wrong.  That meant a date with Jack, after which I went to soak.




And now, as a reward for reading this post, scroll past the warning sign 
for more of yesterday's quilts. 



















And here's one for Tom...


No comments:

Post a Comment