Sunday, January 23, 2022

 I did end up taking a lovely nap Thursday (because 'somehow' Brownie's 3:00 phone alarm had gotten turned off) which enabled me to make it to a reasonable bed time that night.  


I did wake a little before 5:00 Friday - but was not complaining since that's MUCH better than it had been the past couple of days!  


It also meant I had plenty of time to get things done (including 'assembling' the beef stew for the crockpot, which took a while) before heading out to the chiropractor.



I got to the chiropractor early, prepared to wait, but due to several last-minute cancellations and no-shows  he was able to take me right away.  Now I can take deep breaths with a lot less pain in my ribs.  



Since I was actually out of there before my scheduled time I stopped at Verizon on my way home - but they didn't open until 11.   I sat in the car and read for that 20 minutes, but due to the wait time without an appointment I couldn't hang around, so I still couldn't get new phone.  Their first available appointment?  January 31!




When Tami arrived we started right in catching up



and dinner that evening was an unqualified success.  (And we had it again for lunch on Saturday, because a bowl of hot stew was much more appealing, once the weather turned blustery, than the cold meal I'd planned.)   In fact it was quite nippy when we went over to Alex's (I'm quail-sitting while he's working the snow-boarding event in Stowe, Vermont) and we even got mildly sprinkled on.  However it was not nearly as cold <G> as where Alex is.  He posted a selfie on the mountain, where the temperature was -20 degrees.  



Obviously I am much happier to be here rather than there!  




Early Saturday morning, before the weather moved in, Tami and I had soaked before we got to work on her Easter table runner.  She'd learned how to do the piecing during her visit in 2018, and the following year when she visited I started her on the quilting.  Yesterday, after she completed the quilting, I showed her how to do the binding - and VOILA!  Another UFO bites the dust!





Dinner last night was another success  when I grilled salmon and the three of us pigged out again. (Tom was happy to have yet another night off from cooking.)  Sadly Tami has to blast off for home early today (she's got theater tickets for Guys and Dolls this afternoon) but since she's retiring next month we'll have a lot more opportunities for visiting from now on.


I woke at 3 this morning, but didn't want to take anything in case I then slept in and missed seeing Tami off.  When I still hadn't fallen back asleep by 3:30 I just got up.  So I'll just sew until she wakes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment