Saturday, January 15, 2022

 While the cleaners did their thing yesterday, Mary and I sorted scraps and made huge progress.   Even though there is still fabric on the guest bed that remains to be organized, everything else is now "findable" - AND there's even an empty tub into which to put anything that doesn't get taken care of before Tami's arrival.


There was much frustration (on both sides) over last evening's "caption" episode, relating to an Instagram post on Alex's cell phone.  At least three times I said "I don't see it; show me", which seemed (to me, anyway) to be a reasonable request.  

But each time his response was "It's right there!"  Since I had clearly stated that I couldn't find it I'm not sure why he kept refusing my request.  


Come to find out that he was referring to the TINY emojis (which do not translate to 'caption' in my vernacular) and which, on the small screen, were barely visible and certainly not distinguishable.

cap·tion /ˈkapSH(ə)n/ - a title or brief explanation appended to an article, illustration, cartoon, or poster.


Mary invited me to go with her to Green Goddess (Bell & 41st St), the first time for both of us.  We enjoyed wandering the three acres where we admired thousands upon thousands of pots (and other things for the garden) and both came home with several pretty pots.  Mine will get their 15 seconds of fame once I have repotted some plants on the front porch.


Then we stopped in at TOQS so I could pick up more of the two arrow fabrics - and also discovered the perfect companion fabric so I also got a couple of yards of that for the backing.


This morning I'd set down my phone on kitchen counter when I did the dishes, where (unbeknownst to me) there was some water.  So because the battery cover is long gone the battery got wet.  Even though I removed it and let it sit out a long time (and then even tried the hair dryer on low), the phone still wouldn't  work.  

So after lunch I made a trip to the Verizon store at Bell & 43rd. Guess I should have known Saturday would be a busy time there?  Every station was busy, and there were several people in line ahead of me, so I knew it'd be a while and wished I'd thought to bring a book or my iPad.  After 15 minutes, when one of the guys was free for a minute, I asked if they had 'my' battery in stock.  Turns out they don't even carry batteries, and sent me off to the battery store at Bell & 67th.

The good news was that they did have the correct battery, for $35, which made it worth the try - and the even better news is that it worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment