Wednesday, January 19, 2022

 Alex and I enjoyed a delicious dinner last night at Carrabba's while Tom was off in Quartzsite.  Their parking lot was practically empty, so much so that we weren't even sure they were open!  Happily they were, because our initial choice, Shabu (which Tom doesn't enjoy) turned out to have closed permanently.)  Despite pigging out on the bread and dipping oil (as always!), I polished off my entire dinner, and was definitely feeling satisfied.  But Alex "twisted my arm" <G> to get their chocolate cake for dessert.  


However he didn't eat much, and so I brought home a sizable slab to enjoy today.  Even though I was still awake past my usual bedtime it was worth it!  



Not quite so "worth it" was waking up early today, before 4:00.  I did think about taking something to try to fall back asleep, but in the end decided against that and thus was sewing well before it got light -  even after I got a crockpot of lentil soup going.  (I'd been having split pea soup most days for lunch, but finally finished off that batch and needed to whip up something to replace it.)


Around 8:00 I thought I'd finished a third row of the quilt, but luckily discovered an error in orientation before I moved on.  That means I need to set aside the two blocks I'd just finished (at least they can be used in  row four) and instead whip up two more blocks to replace them.  



But at that point I decided to take a break, get dressed, and head over to Target (which opens at 8) to shop while the store would be relatively empty.  Several things on my list were not available, but at least I did get a replacement lock for the gym.  


Shortly after I got home from Target Patti called (we've been playing phone tag since last week) and we spent an hour catching up.  

She said she'd 'waited' to make sure I was up and about - but at 9:00 I'd already been up for five hours, and been to Target!




She called as I was getting ready to get the bread-maker set, but once I take care of that I can get back to sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment