Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Yesterday's x-rays of my foot showed "all is well" (a definite relief!) and the docs said that discoloration is normal (and should fade with time) so nothing to worry about there either. 


Since I am still well within the 6-8 week "normal healing" window (Thursday will mark 6 weeks) he said 1) I shouldn't get discouraged (and maybe we just started PT too early?) and 2) I should see improvement in the next few weeks.


Not sure who is more ready to see some improvement, Tom or me!


On the way home I stopped at the neighborhood "mailbox" to send off a package of assorted ribbons to Hermine in Maryland. 

 Looking for satin and grosgrain ribbon scraps 3/4” - 1 1/2” wide pieces, any colors to make liberated baby toys.

Sunday it had been fun sifting through my ribbon tub, full of all sorts of interesting colors/materials that I'd saved but "in all likelihood" <g> will never use. I had no trouble finding enough to stuff into an oversized mailer for Hermine.  I'm looking forward to hearing whether she can use all of them (I did fudge a bit on the parameters for a couple of the items) and am hoping she'll send me pix of some of her fun projects.  


At PT in the afternoon Ryan added some new exercises, though the ones where I would try to put full weight on my foot were a dismal failure.  


His manipulations of my foot mostly felt like a good stretch, though there's one pesky direction that isn't at all happy - and no doubt that's the very one that needs the most work. I am going to try to concentrate on that for homework.  

He did cupping again to work at breaking up more of the scar tissue inside.  The bump is definitely shrinking, which can only help to make foot movement easier.



I was pretty worn out from my hour's hard work and later almost took a pre-dinner nap.  Then when my foot got quite vocal I added the second crutch. Because even though I'm not doing that much walking around the house it was still too much for my foot to handle.


Today I plan to do a (low-tech) count of my actual steps just to see.



This morning is irrigation, when again 'we' are back to being responsible 
for setting the main gate on 35th Ave.  



I mopped the kitchen floor over the weekend (it was overdue) and thought about vacuuming around my sewing area.  But since that's where Brownie's dog bed is (and where he often heads first when he comes in) I decided to wait until after the irrigation mud dries up.


One good thing about our summer temps 


is that the mud does dry out quickly.




This afternoon I have an appointment at the chiropractor
 but otherwise am now free to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment