Wednesday, May 12, 2021

It was definitely fun to see everyone again at Foothills!


I sure enjoyed Betsy's CHAIN quilt demo. 


Here's one she made with 1.5" strips:



This was made with 2" strips (and she 'discovered' that sashings meant no corners to match!)



And here's one made with 2.5" strips.



Leftover blocks?  No problem! Just put them on the back.


I hadn't planned on starting yet another quilt until I got some of my UFOs finished.  But I may <g>  have to whip up a few blocks  "just to see how it goes while it's still fresh in my mind."



Show & Tell is always my favorite part of the meeting.


FYI I'm back to being the 'official' photographer for Foothills.  



One of my favorites today was this bookshelf that Nancy whipped up at a recent quilt retreat. 


I like this One Block Wonder that Dee made with her Saturday group - though (as always with this quilt) I do wish she had put some of the original fabric in the border (or even on the back.)
 


Ellen's Spin Me Around looks like fun.


And her Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt is pretty cute, both on the front:


and back.


Here's a better peek at some of her quilting:



The ladies seemed to enjoy both of my Cat in the Hat quilts.





This afternoon I wanted to print up this paper piecing pattern so I could play around with it.


I'm thinking of making some mini quilts, sort of like this, with some fun scraps:



And since I actually managed to change the ink cartridges by myself 



I thought I was on a roll and good to go.  


BUT it won't print.  It says the door is open - but it sure looks closed to me.


(If I ever tried to print something and didn't have a problem I'd probably faint....)



Alex is elsewhere today, but I assume he will be able to fix the problem easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment