Friday, May 7, 2021

This morning I called Sunbeam at the Customer Service number printed on the back of the instruction manual.  Calls like that are not one of my favorite things to do, but at least it didn't take too long to be connected with a real person.  

(And while looking for an image, I found this site... which could come in very handy!)

dial a human


I explained what my issue was - and my surprise at discovering there was nothing about it in the booklet. 

Then, even though I had the booklet with me (which had the model number) he needed me to actually look on the bottom of the iron, so I got up and did that for him.  And yes, they matched.

 (He'd also 'needed' all sorts of other information, like my full name, phone number, e-mail, etc. when all I wanted was a solution to the problem.)


 After putting me on hold for a bit while he checked, he then wanted information on the electrical outlet. Unfortunately that's "hidden" inside the cabinet and not very accessible (so we have a power strip plugged into it that is accessible, though it is a stretch back to the on/off switch.) 

At that point <sigh> I thanked him for his help but told him I'd just be returning the iron.



Of course that doesn't solve my iron problem, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment