Thursday, May 20, 2021

The MRI people called yesterday afternoon (that was fast) to schedule the procedure for my ankle.  My appointment is now set for next Wednesday - though naturally I would have loved to get in sooner.


In the meantime I've gotten the doc's okay to try switching from the boot to my supportive walking shoe and am about to get dressed and try that.  I'm a little behind on getting a start to my day BECAUSE I SLEPT IN!  


If it works Ryan will be pleased at PT this afternoon; he's said that transitioning from the boot to a shoe will allow for more movement and thus better progress.  I'm pleased, partly because it'll be cooler without the boot (no small thing here where we're into the triple digits; last year there were 145 days of them) and also because I won't have to take off the boot to drive and then put it back on when I get where I'm going.



* * * * *

After I gave the ibuprofen time to kick in I got brave tried and walking with one crutch.  
It's doable, which IS encouraging.  



However in the past couple of days a new pain has materialized on the bottom of that heel, and that's where it seems to be today also.  (I did mention that to the doc yesterday.)



Otherwise <g> all is well.  Tom is definitely moving better, but now has to wait until June 3 (!) for his next appointment to find out the results of his x-rays.

No comments:

Post a Comment