Friday, May 14, 2021

I had another successful PT session yesterday afternoon.  Addressing the searing pain at my ankle whenever I attempt to bear weight, Ryan started off doing more intensive leg/foot manipulations/massage. Of course several fell into the "very unpleasant" pain range!


However when he asked if I wanted him to stop I encouraged him to keep at it since what he does definitely seems to help a LOT.  Just like after Monday's session, yesterday I was 'walking' with one crutch much better for the rest of the day.  


Will just have to see what today brings once I get dressed in my boot and switch over from the scooter.


And speaking of making a switch, luckily I was able to change Monday's PT appointment to the morning.  (I will need to drive Tom to his sciatic pain appointment that afternoon.)  

While I'll be under the immediate care of Kevin on Monday (and having watched him work with other clients he looks to be highly competent) 

Ryan reminded me that he will be there, just working with other clients, "in case Kevin has any questions." 


While I was busy working hard at PT, Alex made a much-needed grocery store run for us. Since Tom already had been needing to do that around the time his body "backfired", the cupboards and frig were looking mighty bare.  At least now we have the basics back!


At my request Alex also set up the irrigation gates in preparation for Tuesday.  Since he'll be in Florida then for work (and with Tom totally out of commission) it looks like it will fall to me to take care of things this cycle.  

I do believe that by utilizing two crutches I should be able to manage letting the water go, though (like with everything else these days) it will simply take me longer to get it done.  


Naturally it would also help (a lot!) if we don't get scheduled to do the gates up on 35th Ave. this cycle.  The schedule should be posted some time today, when I'll know how that works out.

Too bad Brownie can't step up and help with some of these chores. <G>


As for today, I'm planning to whip up another Chain Link block (or two).  


Turns out Perri is also working on those blocks. 


Yesterday, after seeing my first block, she sent me "A few blocks of my new quilt."


No comments:

Post a Comment