Monday, May 10, 2021

Yesterday was a relaxing Mother's Day. 


Alex had offered to take us to dinner at Carrabba's (my favorite!) but with Tom's back out it was more prudent to bring dinner in.  I chose Wildflower as a second choice, which was yummy (of course) and I even have leftovers for lunch today.


We got to hear the details of Saturday's trailer tire blow-out; he was extremely lucky that there were no cars along-side him at the moment it blew and caused the trailer to buck.  (He did admit that it was scary!)


And while there was a spare tire on Chase's trailer (yay!) 

the jack was missing the handle needed to use it (boo!) 


Alex had to find something to improvise, so it not only took a long time but raised blisters on his hands.


 My gift from Lily was a book I had been planning to order myself.

And it was so can't-put-it-down fascinating that I finished it by bedtime!    

When she called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day we had a long chat, and I caught up on all the goings-on at her end.


I will also enjoy Alex's gift, though I'm "reasonably certain" <g> this 2000-piece jigsaw puzzle from him will NOT end up completed nearly as quickly as the book...!


My foot did okay yesterday, staying at about the same pain level throughout the day.  So I am really, really, really hoping that means I've FINALLY turned the corner on my foot "adventure".  


Haven't yet walked this morning (waiting for gel to be totally absorbed before I get dressed in my boot) but at least I have encouraging news to report to Ryan at PT this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment