Sunday, May 9, 2021

 This morning I sewed the last border onto the scrap string quilt, so once I piece together a backing I'll be ready to hand it over to Monica Wednesday.


My foot seems to be a TINY bit better today; it hasn't been quite as painful to get around this morning with just one crutch.  Is it due to the voltaren gel? The astym therapy? Just the passage of more time? Don't know - just hope that's still the case later today!


This is my first Mother's Day without Mom, so it's sort of tough.  This was Mother's Day 2015, with fabric flowers I'd made her (with Cheri's help) in her favorite color.

I did "borrow" Ann, acting as a proxy on a call Bev can no longer make.


Alex got home from San Diego sometime last night, though he hasn't yet made an appearance here today.  I was disturbed to see the trailer's shredded tire on Instagram yesterday, and (obviously!) quite relieved that it hadn't caused a serious problem when it occurred!  No doubt we'll get to hear the details later.


Typical Sunday, with laundry and dishes already under my belt.  Also went out back and turned Creepy back on.  I was pleased to see that the pool had cleared up enough that we can once again see the bottom, though there were still swaths of dirt that Creepy had missed.  I actually swept the steps and shallow end (where Creepy has difficulty reaching) though Tom didn't think that was something I should be doing.

I WAS VERY CAREFUL!!!

  

By this afternoon the pool should be nice and swimmable "for them that wants it".


When I got home yesterday afternoon I found that Tom had put his back out.  He's still out of commission today, and pain pills are only helping so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment