Saturday, May 22, 2021

Yesterday all I needed at the chiropractor was a minor adjustment.  We are both surprised at how little out-of-whack I am after all this time of "walking" wrong.  But (not surprisingly) I have been putting so much weight on the crutch that it caused part of that hand to go numb about a week ago. 


The PCP's office called back with my recent lab results.  Most were good, though definitely not my cholesterol.  The total was 234 (should be 200 or less), with the bad LDL at 153 (should be 100 or less.)  Obviously I need to start paying more attention to that in my diet.  

In 2011 I stunned my doctor when I lowered my cholesterol 30 points in three months (right before my cancer diagnosis) by following the South Beach diet, so I know it can be done without meds. 


Zanjero Terry had stopped by on Tuesday to check back on our irrigation (I'd called him when it didn't arrive quite on time) and he mentioned that the system was likely to be needing repairs soon.  Sure enough I got this e-mail yesterday:

IRRIGATION SERVICE WILL BE INTERUPTED FOR TWO WEEKS BEGINING MONDAY MAY 24TH DUE TO EMERGENCY REPAIRS REQUIRED FOR THE PUMP & SHAFT. WE HOPE TO BE BACK UP BY JUNE 7, 2021.


At least we're going to have unseasonably 'cool' weather for the next several days... yesterday and today only in the 80s!  But there is wind, and yesterday Tom found the hot tub lid blown open.  He doubts the wind did it - but what else could it have been?

 



I went through a stack of mail yesterday, and took care of a bunch of paperwork.  One notice showed that the charge for my foot "adventure" ER visit in December came $6,137.00, and while insurance didn't actually pay that much, the most I will be responsible for is $88.53.

The notice regarding my March surgery was more intimidating, the charge being a whopping $32,354! At this point there was no mention of what insurance has paid, or what I may ultimately be responsible for.  It sure could help to find that basement door Dad used to joke about <g> so I can locate the machine that prints money!  


Bulk trash got picked up yesterday, but we never got ours out.  For some reason <g> I hadn't noted it on the 2021 calendar, just one (of the many things) that didn't get done during the three months I was side-tracked by pain.  Luckily the pile stacked back there isn't too big, and will just get set out next time.



Today I want to get back to sewing, and maybe do some reading outside.
 
I have been up since 4:00, so most productivity is planned for this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment