Friday, May 28, 2021

I enjoyed my visit with Marcela (and Sally) today.  

I'd brought along scissors and had Marcela cut my hair again, this time "forcing" her to whack off most of my ponytail.  It's now at least 6 inches shorter and feels SO much better - and no, Tom has not noticed. 


We lunched at Zupas (she'd never been.)

As always, everything was scrumptious.



Just as I promised, here are pix approximating what some of the Book Nerd blocks will look like when the sections get sewn together.  I plan to get a number of those done over the weekend! 

I Wanted Armadillos



On The Day You Were Born



Let It Snow



Halloween Horrors



Pieces of the Puzzle



Children of the World



Summertime




Doctor called this evening with the results of my latest MRI.  The good news is that there isn't anything structural that needs to be addressed, which mean no additional surgery.  The bad news came when he read me the results, and the list of sprained this and sprained that seemed to go on forever.


 
  Soft tissue takes a long time to heal (hey, it's been over FIVE months already!) so he couldn't guess at a timeline for walking, though when I asked if it would be this century he assured me it would be.  



In the meantime we are going to try a steroid injection into the ankle for some pain relief.   Hopefully it will also interrupt the pain pathway to the brain enough so that the pain "forgets" to return!  


I'll call the office first thing Tuesday morning after the holiday weekend to set that up.



Also just got an e-mail from Monica, who has my scrap string quilt finished and is going to drop it off here first thing Tuesday morning.  I'm excited to see it!  No idea what pattern she chose (I left it up to her) but know it will look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment