Saturday, May 8, 2021

It was a delightful visit with Linda today, and I certainly enjoyed seeing some of her latest projects.



The patches are actually sewn on; so cute!




She also gave me a mini-tutorial in quilting ~

so now I have some new designs to try!  

But I absolutely loved seeing the progress she's made on her sewing machine quilt, and can remember when it was in the planning stages!

For this project she traced pictures of various sewing machine models, embroidered them onto fabric,   and embellished each with a pretty design.  


While it's already an incredible one-of-a-kind piece, I can only imagine how spectacular it will be once she quilts it!


Of course it was fun to visit with Zahn, now 7, and meet Kingsley (who was born on Thanksgiving.)


Linda is busy taking care of them most days, and also teaching three classes to Palo Verde quilters (long arm, handwork, and wool applique.)  I'm impressed by how much she gets done!

No comments:

Post a Comment