Friday, May 7, 2021

I set up my new iron yesterday, and after a period of un-use it did turn off. 


When I went to use it again it did not automatically turn on, like my previous one, when I picked it up but just kept blinking.  I tried various things (including turning the temp dial off, then on) but that didn't work either.  



So I read through the entire booklet - TWICE! - and would you believe that there was absolutely NO mention of the auto turn-off anywhere!


So once again technology got the better of me.


During PT yesterday Ryan did some astym therapy.


Astym is a tool used to break up scar tissue and damaged soft tissue to promote regeneration of healthy tissue to improve one’s function. Scar tissue can cause muscle tension, limited flexibility, and range of motion restrictions. It is utilized to jump-start the body’s natural inflammatory process necessary for healing.  Your therapist will utilize the hard, plastic tools to glide over your muscle and tendons to break scar tissue underneath the skin. The therapist doesn’t just treat a central area but will focus on the kinetic chain (the muscles and tendons above and below) where you are experiencing discomfort.

Starting behind my knee, he scraped down my calf and then along the sole of my foot. It was just a little unpleasant - until he got to the sole of my foot, when my extreme ticklish-ness made it beyond unpleasant.  Of course that part seemed to last a long time - but if it helps it will be worth it!


Doing a new standing exercise yesterday proved to be too much weight on that foot; I almost went down on my first try, which scared several of the techs.  Of course I 'broke my fall' by grabbing the edge of the table, but at least it proves I really am trying to put weight on that foot.




John drove up from Tucson yesterday to visit with Tom.  He and Robin have been seriously quarantining, and (though both are fully vaccinated) like us are still very hesitant to get out and about.  However they had ventured out to eat (al fresco) to celebrate Cinqo de Mayo on Wednesday, when puppy Romey behaved himself.



John didn't bring Romey along to play with Brownie - but maybe next visit.




I started my new library book yesterday, and by bedtime I'd gotten about 3/4 of the way through it.  Such uplifting stories of how the people of Gander stepped up to the plate on 9/11.



Our new pool people are coming today to fix the filter and get the pool ready for summer.  


It would be wonderful if the repair is simple instead of the "possible" pricey replacement it might be.  After paying house and car insurance premiums this week our finances could use a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment