Saturday, May 8, 2021

 Brownie is certainly not the piglet that Echo was, though I still don't let him graze on food.  When I scooped his breakfast yesterday morning it was a bit rounded on top instead of level, but I still poured it all into his bowl as a little bonus. However he ended up leaving those extra bits in his bowl, not going back to finish them off until the early afternoon, so I guess I really have been feeding him the correct amount.


Despite a measuring/cutting mishap yesterday (frustrating, but thankfully not a true crisis!) I eventually got the third border side on.  However I did decide to leave the final border for today! 


Cory, from Splish Splash, took the filter apart yesterday.  While it was TOTALLY gunked up with DE (no wonder there was blowback; it couldn't take any more!) happily there were NO holes or other problems, so once it was all cleaned and he reassembled it the filter was quite happy and working just fine now. 


Next we thought there might be an issue with the pump.  Though it had been replaced within the past year or so, it wasn't generating much suck power - but that also was a simple fix, emptying the crammed in-line basket that Llaine obviously hadn't emptied before he'd stormed out of here last week. 

Creepy is now MUCH happier, so we all hope to see a much cleaner pool by Monday when Cory returns to check on his work.

Who knows?  Maybe we'll celebrate Mother's Day poolside, when the guys might even be motivated to get into a clean pool.  Not me, of course!  I'll wait for the water to warm up considerably!

And no swimming likely for Brownie, either!


Alex stopped by later in the afternoon and decided

Brownie should be on the couch to help me watch TV.



I was enjoying a "new" Robin Williams movie I'd never even heard of: 


Tom Dobbs (Robin Williams), the satirical host of a political talk show, decides to shake things up by running for president after making comments that he would be a better president than the leader who currently occupies the White House. His fans begin a grassroots campaign that awards him the presidency due to a computer glitch. 


Hermine's envelope arrived in Maryland yesterday, and she was quite happy with the assortment.  (I did have reservations about including the tan "ribbon".)

How Wonderful! Received your gift of goodies today. The ribbons are perfect. I LOVE the tan gift wrap "ribbon" and will probably use that for another project. I want to learn how to create textile art seascapes and landscapes...been watching Alison Whateley's videos on YouTube. What can I send you in return? Many thanks, Hermine

I, of course, have more stuff than I can use in several lifetimes, and don't "need" anything in return (just ask Tom or Alex!) But if she wants to send me a little surprise down the road that would also be okay.  

Surprise mail is fun!




Later this morning I'm off to Linda's to meet Kingsley,
 who hopefully won't sleep through my entire visit.



So guess I'd better have breakfast and take a shower 
and get myself ready to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment