Wednesday, May 19, 2021

With Tom out of commission, I took care of irrigation yesterday.   

And yes, it took me a while to get myself back there, which is why I hung out on Alex's back porch for the 2-hour duration instead of exhausting myself trekking back and forth. 

The tree trough filled up quickly, and after letting the water soak for an hour I got down on my hands and knees and did some serious weeding crawling around the perimeter. 

There was also leakage from the eastern end into the horse pasture, so I scooped out mud to stem that flow until Alex can do something a little more substantial. 

Midway through the cycle I hobbled back to our yard to check on the flow through the pipe, and watched Pokey take a VERY LONG drink.  

 Sulcatas in the wild may not find water often, but here she has all she wants every 14 days and thus has no need for a watering 'dish' like this:


By the time I made it back into the house I was pretty tired from my hike

 and rewarded myself by finishing off the chocolate ice cream. 


Knowing I'd be out there for two hours I had schlepped my iPad with me, along with a bottle of water and a gardening tool to unclog the gates.  And no, it's not so easy to carry stuff when using two crutches.  As expected I had no internet back there - but when I got back to the house later it didn't automatically reconnect like it usually does. 

I did everything I could think of, going into settings to do it manually, shutting the iPad down and turning it back on, inputting the password - nothing worked.  


And isn't the modem because the internet on my laptop is working just fine.  

Guess I'll just have to wait for my tech guru to return from Florida next week.


My afternoon TV watching included Rachel's Monday evening show.  She had a very interesting segment on the Secret Service, followed by an interview with author Carol Leonnig whose book Zero Fail comes out today.  I've already put it on Hold at the library.



This morning is Busy Bees (Mary is going with me) 
when I will give Monica the scrap string quilt.



Then this afternoon I see the doctor.  Tomorrow will mark 8 weeks post-op, 
and of course I'd been expecting to be walking by now.  



So it is getting harder and harder to keep discouragement at bay!

No comments:

Post a Comment