Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Alex popped over last evening and caught us up on some of his past week.  The music festival itself was disappointing, with very low attendance - but the guys did get to visit a couple of nice springs.  At one they saw a gazillion soft-shell turtle hatchlings (fun), and they also saw alligators (maybe not quite as much fun?)


We did have fun with this one <g> in the Party Pool 
at the hot springs several summers ago...

   With the time change Alex was tired, and once he and Tom finished watching the Suns lose he headed back to his place to crash.  Still on Florida time this morning he did get an early start to his day today, with laundry.



I was up at 3:00 am when Brownie barked; turned out Tom had gone out front to see about a noise.  I fell back asleep, but when I woke again at 4:05 I decided to check out the blood moon eclipse, scheduled to begin at 4:11.  It was quite a hobble, and sadly my reward was a disappointingly cloudy sky with no visible moon.  Once back in bed at 4:25 I took something and slept in until 8:00!


I've settled for this red moon quilt

that floated across my FB feed this morning.


This morning Alex checked out the peach tree for me, and the fruit must be close to ripe; the birds have already started sampling some of it.  While the crop is quite small this year (last year it was huge), the peaches themselves are sizeable.   He brought in a couple to finish ripening inside.


I'm hoping he will be able to net the tree itself later today.


Also on his "To Do for Mom" list is to take some cases of RockStar over to Firestone as a more tangible thanks for their flat tire house-call yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment