Tuesday, May 11, 2021

 I was very busy dreaming last night.

Here are just the parts I remember!  

It was the first day of school, and I was back at an old job but in a new facility where I couldn't find anyone in the office to check in.  The school was connected to a HUGE mall, where I got incredibly lost (there were no "you are here" diagrams to be found anywhere) and could not figure out how to get back.  Then I had 7-year-old Zahn with me.... and LOST HIM! When I eventually did find my way back I was with Marcela when I realized I'd left my purse/wallet somewhere, which meant she had to pay for my dinner, I was going to have the headache of canceling my credit cards.  At some later point we were walking Brownie in a field where he met up with a stray dog wearing tags from Kansas.  Marcela discovered that furry dog was covered in ticks, and (naturally) when checking we found a couple on Brownie. Gross!

On the plus side, I was walking everywhere in my dream!


Tom, however, is still in very bad shape (of course I can certainly relate to his back pain!) so Alex again brought in dinner for us last night.  


He'd found some newly hatched quail in the back yard, and was easily able to scoop up one of the adorable teeny-tiny babies for a quick photo op before letting it run back to the rest of the group.  Too bad I can't scoop up his video clip from Instagram.  At least the internet was full of pix like this:



He learned yesterday that he's not going to have to drive to Florida (and back) for work this week after all but will be flying instead.  He was NOT looking forward to spending days on the road - and I was a little worried there might be a gas issue with the current pipeline hack and resulting shutdown.  Even though (as of yesterday) gas stations still had a couple days' worth of supplies, people have been known to start hoarding.



I hould get off the computer soon and get my day started.  First order of business is piecing a backing for my scrap quilt. This busy fabric should "blend" well with the front <g> and I just hope there's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment