Sunday, February 23, 2020

Yesterday it rained all day, quite heavy at times, 
and once again the horse pasture next door is flooded.


We've got some flooding ourselves.  Here's the drive back to Alex's:



Right before I left for the library we got quite a deluge, but by the time the lecture was over and I was heading home the skies were actually showing a patch of blue.  



I was actually a little disappointed with the presentation (in part because I was really tired?  I'm going to blame that on the fact that I made bad food choices yesterday...)  The lecturer was difficult to hear at times, especially when he faced the screen instead of the audience as he often did. In addition at least half of the hour was devoted to "general" WWII information, including a fair amount on submarine culture, instead of the actual escape story, as advertised.  

The next one in the series, on the relationship between music and science, 
sounds interesting, so that's going on the calendar.

This lecture, out of those I've attended, attracted the most people (well over 50) and more chairs than originally set up were needed.  (I, however, had brought my own comfortable chair after being miserable on theirs just minutes into the last talk.)

Did get all the stitching-in-the-ditch done yesterday, so today I am going to try out the quilting foot and rulers.  Even though Pennie made it look easy, she's an experienced long-armer.

No comments:

Post a Comment