Thursday, February 6, 2020

I had plenty of time to stitch my strips together, iron them, and then attach them to the charity quilt.  So now it's all ready for the blind-stitching at the Sewcial on Saturday.



At Modern Quilts I found 3 fabrics to coordinate with the applique panel (what I had gone in looking for), but also some bird fabric that screamed "take me home with you."  When I was checking out quilts in the classroom, I ended up helping a woman with her jellyroll quilt - maybe a little more than this "helper"...


Then it was off to my tax appointment.  
This tile outside the building looks like a great quilt block pattern.


Stopped in at Marcie's on my way home.  She's made a couple of heart blocks for me, one to donate at Foothills, and one for the VOS retreat.  I also have borrowed her ruler foot (and accompanying rulers) to try out and see if it'll work for quilting on my machine.  Turned out that she can't use them with her tremor, so if the foot fits my machine I'll gladly buy the set from her - but am not going to risk doing it out until after VOS since I'll need to drop my feed dogs; there have been issues with the feed dogs in the past, and I certainly do NOT want machine problems before the retreat!  Marcie also dug out some copper lame fabric she had stashed away which will work for my landscape project.

Alex arrived home this afternoon.  Don't think he'll be home too long, and then once he leaves he'll be gone until April some time!



Played with the bird fabric, and whipped up the first of a set of placemats.





No comments:

Post a Comment