Tuesday, February 11, 2020

The tree trimmers arrived at 7:00 yesterday, and as always stayed hard at it all day.  The huge elms out front got thinned out (some of the heavy limbs at the top were candidates to come down on the roof at some point) and the olives and mulberries in the back got some needed shaping.  The lemon tree "lost" much of its non-useable height, and some of volunteer palms were removed.  Property looking spiffy!  Miscellaneous bushes and shrubs got some attention, and the curb appeal factor, once the elms leaf out soon, should be as high as ever.



As long as I was "stuck" at home yesterday I worked on getting ready for the upcoming quilt retreat.  First I cleaned out my quilting tray, which in theory now has pretty much all the odds and ends I'll need.  Also mucked out the car trunk since Marcie and I will need every last inch of space to cram in everything we'll be taking.  Just the quilts we'll be packing for Show & Tell (I'm taking 3) will take up a fair amount of space.



In the morning I added a final border to a baby-sized girlish UFO Rail Fence, and then picked out blues to make a companion one.  With those blue fabrics now cut into strips I'll be able to whip up a second quilt easily.  Estera's twins, one boy and one girl, are scheduled to arrive March 2 (though she doubts she'll go full term) and I'll have gifts for them.




After the yard guys left at 4:00 I popped over to Marcie's where I made use of her Accuquilt (wonderful machine!) to cut the pink fat quarters I won Saturday into jellyroll strips.  Some will go into a quilt like the one that Eileen was making from the fat quarters she won in January, and the remainder will end up in a jellyroll quilt - both earmarked for charity.  So I'm not likely <G>  to run out of projects to work on at VOS.  

The Oxygen Store called yesterday.  They are waiting on the ubiquitous paperwork from my insurance, which hopefully will come through soon.  With that in mind I have scheduled an appointment for the end of tis month, when I should (!) walk out of there with my CPAP.  I can see light at the end of the tunnel!



After the gym later this morning I'll have time to zoom home, wash up, throw a little food in my mouth, and then race off to the endodontist to see how bad the news is.  I could be looking at two root canals, on opposite corners of my mouth (upper right, lower left.)  I don't know who posted this, but remember you can't always trust what you read on the Internet....





No comments:

Post a Comment