Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Yesterday Brownie got his two booster shots at the vet 
and again passed his wellness exam with flying colors.  


I picked up a year's worth of meds for heartworm and flea & tick prevention so the bill definitely added up, but in theory he should be 'good to go' for another year.  



They were running late because the vets were busy with an emergency that had come in, but one of the techs did come into the room to explain and apologize for my wait.  I was appreciate of them keeping me in the loop - and certainly was glad I'd gone back into the house to grab my iPad so I had something to do.  



Brownie did fine with his shots, though he did 'notice' the second one, which can sting a bit.  Unfortunately all afternoon he was obviously sore: not wanting to get up (and then limping when he did), and yelping when I picked him up.  The good news is that this morning he seems to be moving much better.



I took a much-need break from quilting yesterday afternoon and walked over to Marcie's to cut the seven 1/4 yards of various white-on-white fabrics that I'd picked up for the Pink Project 'just in case' I want to work on that while she's in Mesa for the show's duration.  I'm still experiencing difficulties quilting the baby quilts, though last night in bed I did think of something else that might help.



And speaking of bed - I had definite trouble getting a good seal after my bathroom run. That was very frustrating (and at one point I was sorely tempted to just give up) though eventually seemed to get it done. But it definitely was not a night where I 'zombied' straight back into sleeping mode.


As I expected, my score of 87% this morning reflected last night's problems.  I lost 10 points for adjusting the mask seal four times (which registered 35 leaks/minute), lost another point (out of a possible five) for having 8.8 events/hour, and was dinged two points (again out of a possible five) for taking my mask off four times while I worked at adjusting it.  



Wonder if it had anything to do with me taking the components apart to clean everything yesterday.  Maybe the straps got wet and stretched?  It did seem loose on my head, though I tightened the straps twice trying to get a better seal.  Sure hoping I get better results tonight!




No comments:

Post a Comment