Sunday, February 23, 2020

I found a use for some of my batting scraps, and with some muslin made a quilt sandwich.  It didn't need to be very wide since my goal is to make some pretty designs in the 2" wide strips of the baby rail fence quilts.


I had no trouble attaching the foot per the instructions, 
and then (also per the instructions) marked a sewing guide in a square.


And that's where the instructions that came with the set got a bit confusing.  To wit:

Place the Ruler Foot at the center with the needle set in the down position,

which I did

place the Spin-e-fex around the Ruler Foot.  

But you can't do that with the needle down!  So I went to YouTube and watched a couple of videos, and guess what...  As I'd thought I had to raise the needle and insert ruler and THEN lower the needle.  Once I did that, I was able to follow the next sentence:

Sew around the inside of the template, starting at the center and returning to the center.


It's not that hard to write clear directions, people.  Or if you can't, have someone like me <g> Beta test them first to clear up any confusion!  That worked for Marc & Lynne back in to mid-90s when they had me test a computer program they'd written.  It was a decision-making program meant to be user-friendly for businessmen with no computer skills, and every time I got to a confusing part I had them explain it to me, and then rewrote the directions to make sense for other techno-peasants like me.  They were thrilled with my corrections, and I was happy to help.


No comments:

Post a Comment