Wednesday, February 19, 2020

There was miscommunication, and Jim thought I'd not only miss Friday's session but also Tuesday's, so he was a no-show yesterday.  I did my warm-up exercises, and some cardio on the Stairmaster - but was not bummed <g> to be able to leave early.



Stopped at the post office to mail Don's birthday gift (which I never actually saw since it had arrived here packed up so nicely) and used the machine.  That took longer than it should have - but still saved me from waiting in the long line.



Brownie had a busy day yesterday.  In the morning we took a walk, during which we delivered the previous evening's potato peelings to the "farm" across the street.  After the gym we walked up Marci's and hung out with Latina in her backyard while Neil got to see the stunning photographs of Tom's fire obsidian that they had turned into artwork, and which now adorn several walls of their house.  Here's Mike standing next to one to show the scale.



After lunch Brownie and I headed to the dog park, which was surprisingly empty (because it's already too warm for people? High was in the upper 70s yesterday) and then on our way home we stopped in at PetSmart for dog food and treats.  While we were gone Vera had come over to play with him, so he did miss out on that.



Tom drove Neil to the airport yesterday afternoon for his long return trip home to Australia.  They both enjoyed the two week visit, and certainly packed a lot into it.  I know Tom is wiped out!



I have Busy Bees this morning, and am bringing the baby quilts for Show & Tell (though it's too bad I was too tired to quilt them yesterday.)  Jan can't be there today (she has company, and they're off to the Grand Canyon) so I'll be taking the official photos.   


I'm also bringing a couple of items (my UGLY quilt and Tom's "Make Your Point" pillow) for today's "word" challenge.  



After the meeting I'll drop off my quilt show entry at 35th Ave. 


Tom will be taking care of irrigation while I'm at quilting (we "get" to do the gates on 35th Ave. this cycle, but at least 11 am is an easy time!)  Terry did swing by yesterday to make sure we were on target to do that since we'd screwed up during the previous cycle.









No comments:

Post a Comment