Saturday, February 22, 2020

I finally got my CPAP machine yesterday! 



The nose pillow is the smallest of the "masks", and seemed fine when I tried it out there; I was just hoping I could remember all the instructions to get everything set up here at home!  Of course it did come with instruction booklets, but I did fine.  



Though I'd remembered to bring my iPad with me to get the tracking app set up there, with help from Stephan, there was no WiFi so I had to wait until I got home - but amazingly (!) I did it all by myself.  I'd really expected that I would need Alex's help.  


At least it seems as if everything was working, so this morning I should be able to check and see how well I did during the night.  (Apparently there is a lag of time before the information is available.)  However the screen on the actual device gave me a happy face for the nose seal, so it stayed in place despite any moving around I did.  I'm guessing it helps that the air tube coming off the top of my head swivels.



I didn't find it too intrusive, and since I started out with it when I got into bed to read last night I logged 9 hours because I slept in until 6:30!  (I am required to use it for at least 4 hours for a certain number of nights each month for Medicare to pay for it.)  Only made one trip to the bathroom during the night, and was relieved that I didn't have too much trouble putting it back on in the dark when I got back into bed.



It was raining rather hard when I got up this morning (and judging from the higher water level in the pool it likely had rained much of the night) though it seems to have slacked off some at this point.  Glad we got Alex's porch and carport swept off after Mitch finished last evening. I relocated all that dirt (and there was a LOT of it) to the lip of the cement pad where it had seriously eroded over time, but now with the rain it should be happily assimilated.  


Today will be a great day to stay inside and sew.  The only other thing on the Saturday agenda is a program at the library at 3:00 this afternoon.  



With the rain predicted here for much of the day (and snow in Flag, so Alex will likely head up there tomorrow and snowboard) there will be no walk for Brownie, though we made sure to take one yesterday.  I got to chat with Mimi (and meet her 8-month-old granddaughter Elise, who is sporting the requisite golf balls in her cheeks), and we might have continued talking longer - except that her 3 dogs were quite vocal about Brownie's presence by the fence so we soon continued on.  He, of course, had to investigate all the bulk trash piles awaiting pickup, peeing on each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment