Sunday, February 2, 2020

Once it got light this morning I went over to Alex's and finished getting the guest quarters ready.  Brownie seemed to approve.


The closet is jammed chock-full of stuff, 
but at least the dresser is now accessible.


I also straightened up the other side of that room 
where Alex has a lot of extra stuff "stored".


When I swept in there I found the missing leg to the couch 
that's headed to Colorado the end of the month.



After Marcela confirmed that my flight options worked for her I made my reservations for March.  I'm looking forward to Elena's bridal shower, and hope everyone likes the quilt.  


Here I am showing it off at the recent Busy Bees meeting. 



Cassandra came over this morning and left with many bags of grapefruit and lemons, and also some oranges.  Of course you'd never know any was "missing" from those heavily-laden trees.



I took advantage of the gorgeous day (upper 70s) to trim a lot of bushes, so the trash cans are pretty full.  Then Brownie and I headed to the dog park.  On the way there I caught part of this very interesting podcast on football, and Pop Warner (whose "innovations" could also be characterized as cheating!) 


We were not the only ones enjoying the dog park, though it wasn't as busy as I expected.  When we were leaving I checked out Pet Depot on the corner.  It's quite fully stocked, though their prices aren't any lower than where I usually by Brownie's food.  I did purchase a nice water bowl for him, though, with paw prints on the outside and a non-slip bottom.


Before we left I'd boiled up some sugar water, which of course was thoroughly cooled by the time we returned home.  Now that I've refilled the empty feeders the hummers (and the occasional horse?) will have plenty of fuel when the wintery blast arrives tomorrow and temperatures plunge. 



I also refilled the triple tube bird feeder out front - 
but am now virtually out of birdseed.



The Super Bowl starts shortly.


I'm not interested in the game, but will hang out and quilt while it's on because often the commercials are worth watching.  A grateful dog owner paid six million dollars for a 30 second Super Bowl ad, featuring a veterinarian school that saved his dog's life after he was diagnosed with cancer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment