Tuesday, February 4, 2020

While yesterday’s weather certainly wasn’t nearly as nice as Sunday’s, there was no danger of the “possible” snow flurries mentioned a few days ago.  However it is just going to get colder; there were freeze warnings for last night, and it will be considerably chillier today and tomorrow, with accompanying winds to add to the misery.

When I called the vet yesterday morning to schedule Brownie's shots I was able to slide into an open slot at 10:30.  He passed his wellness exam with flying colors, was brave when he got his three shots (two of which will need boosters in three weeks), and had blood drawn to test for heartworms - which happily (!) tested negative. So it was was a good visit - and (very happily!) was not nearly as pricey as the tooth-cleaning-and-pulling visit last Fall!

We celebrated afterward by taking a lovely walk with Mary along New River by her house, where we saw lots of ducks - and an egret - and also had to dodge a number of bicyclists zooming by.  Brownie certainly enjoyed all the smells (and naturally felt the need to water everything) so there was a lot of stop-and-go during our stroll.  The three of us do plan future walks along that scenic path.

Because I didn’t pick up a fat quarter for the wedding quilt label at TOQS on Saturday of course there wasn’t a large enough scrap in my leftovers tub from that project, so yesterday on the way home I stopped in to pick up one.  I also also bought three other FQs to match cherry pie fabric for some placemats I plan to work on at Saturday’s Sewcial.

Tom picked up Neil at the airport last night for his 2-week stay, and he was surprisingly awake and coherent despite being awake throughout his lengthy trip from Australia.  This afternoon Tom will return to the airport to pick up Jimmy (he’s only flying in from Modesto, CA) so Neil can relax today to get over his jet-lag,p; tomorrow the guys will hit it hard at the Tucson rock show.  I am on dinner duty tonight, so once Neil appears this morning I will get the spaghetti simmering away in the crock pot.

This morning is the gym, and this afternoon is my annual mammogram.  I opted for the 3D version, which gives a more-in-depth view but of course it is also pricier, and “may not “ be as fully covered by my insurance.  oh well...

Speaking of insurance, yesterday I called Farmers to speak to Karen, but got the head guy instead. Did get the number of “ their” car windshield place to call to ask about the cash price.  (I don’t have glass coverage, which would add about $350 to my annual cost.)  I also asked if there was a time limit for reporting house damage. (My next project is to get all the windows out front replaced; each has a BB hole in it from that scary episode years ago.)  He said there was, usually about 90 days, which is when I laughed, and said it was “considerably” <g>  longer than that.  But then he said “we never had this conversation”, and that I should “call Karen tomorrow” because he wants to take good care of his customers.  I will do that this afternoon. No doubt I need to get the windows replaced before they can write the new house policy she had suggested last year (which couldn’t happen until the block wall was redone) and it would be wonderful if insurance could help out with that.

For some reason my laptop is not opening this morning (maybe it’s busy with an update?) so I can’t add the fun SBS quilt pix from Saturday.  Guess those will just turn up in some later (random) post.





No comments:

Post a Comment