Saturday, February 1, 2020

Traffic had come to a standstill yesterday afternoon in the right lane on I-10 on my way to the chiropractor.  My assumption was that there was an accident, but in actuality it was due to roadwork on Dysart.  So until that's completed I will be getting off of Loop 101 at McDowell and taking that route instead!



In the waiting room I got to visit with baby Callahan - and taught him (and his parents Wilson & Alyssa) "ride little horsey"  Like Lisa, he tried to throw himself back before it was time.



"That" tooth  (which had started bothering me a few days before my recent dentist visit whenever I drank something cold) is now 'talking' to me all the time.  SO FAR (and this is NOT a challenge to The Universe!) it isn't quite pain, more of a slight ache. I certainly hope that it doesn't worsen before my appointment with the endodontist on Feb 11.


This past week was busy, with two appointments every day, and next week is more of the same.  Some of those 'extras' include my annual mammogram (never a lot of fun) and my tax appointment.

  


Alex did a good job mucking out the second bedroom over at his place, and one of the things he cleared out was a huge bagful of new hats he passed along to me to donate somewhere.  I went through the bag yesterday, and found five to pluck out of said bag and pass along to friends; the rest will likely end up at Savers with some other stuff that I've been collecting since my last drop-off there.  (The hats are backlit, so the colors don't really show; the center one is a really pretty turquoise.)  I'm pretty sure I can see why the Rockstar hat was a reject, though...



Wanda is in San Diego this weekend visiting her daughter Sally, and Marcie is on cat duty.  Molly, who is beyond shy, for some reason allows Marcie (a self-proclaimed dog person) to get close to her.


When Marcie finishes up we'll head over to this small quilt show. 



It's been a year since I took Susan's class (and 'Echo' is still sitting on my dresser, in the same state of UFO-ness it was on the final day of that class...)  I do enjoy the posts that periodically land in my in-box, like this one on how to create feathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment