Saturday, February 29, 2020

Since I was up so early yesterday <sigh> I finished the 16 rectangles on the Boy quilt - even before I popped over to Target.  Actually had to wait a bit for them to open (along with about half a dozen other shoppers) so I took that opportunity to clean out the car's console.  (Turns out that I did have a Busy Bees name tag buried in the bottom mess.)

No flannel sheets (Elinor needs a set for the queen bed in the trailer) though I picked up a couple of other items on my list.  Later we called Bed, Bath & Beyond, and while they did have a few flannel sheets left, none were the right size.  They offered to order some, but of course that won't work since E & R are blasting off today, heading down past Tucson to visit some other friends.

Took Brownie for a walk, and we stopped in at a yard sale.  There was a perfect wire shelf, with pull 5 or 6 pull-out drawers, but of course I had no money with me, just doggy poop bags.  So I stopped back on my way to the gym just over an hour later, but it had sold.  However the woman to whom it belonged (a different neighbor who lived "about a mile away") said she had another one just like it that she'd bring to today's sale.  So I headed over there when they "opened" at 7:00 today, and nabbed it.  Look forward to getting (at least some of <G> ) my color-sorted scraps out of bins and into something a little more user friendly.

Made up a nice big batch of tuna salad for yesterday's lunch, and in celebration of Brownie's big anniversary thought I'd treat him with people food for a change and let him lick out the cans - but he was not the least bit interested.  (He did, however, love the huge bone Alex had for him later in the day!)

After I dropped off Elinor and Richard at the MIM (which of course they thoroughly enjoyed) Brownie I back-tracked a little for a visit to the dog park. Upon our arrival there was only one dog (!) when we arrived, so we joined it in the Big Dog section.  Soon thereafter other dogs arrived, but Brownie was less than friendly with them (all on the large size, and mostly males) so we were both happier when some small dogs (a couple of corgis and a couple of beautiful Italian greyhounds) eventually showed up to play on the Small Dog side.  

When we got home from the park I saw that my design wall had arrived!  It would be wonderful if Tom and Richard got it hung today.... I've been without one now for over two years. 

In preparation for today's quilt show I charged up the camera's batteries, and was going to snap a pic of the boy quilt.  That's when I discovered that the camera is flipping out; three/quarters of the screen is no longer visible!  Tried everything I could think of to fix it before sending an SOS to Alex.  He came right over, and said it's "just" a screen issue (he's thinks it got dropped) and camera will still take a full picture - though it's going to be quite difficult to photograph quilts when I can't see what I'm getting!

Speaking of photos, saw one on FB last evening of Wanda at the show with her jacket, which (NO surprise) won a ribbon.  I know so many talented quilters! 

The same issues trying to seat the CPAP when I went to bed, and became so frustrated I decided not to even wear it last night.  Monday I will go back and see if they can figure out the issue; maybe replacing one of the parts will do the trick?

Woke at 3:45 this morning and thought I was up for the day - at that time it was too late to take anything since I needed to get up and get going this morning - but I did go back to sleep!

Now off to shower & get dressed, say bye to Elinor & Richard, and await Mary's arrival so we can head off for a day of fun at the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment