Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Yesterday morning I had my appointment with the chiropractor.  Not only do my neck and upper back feel better, but he may have solved the mystery of my on-going digestive issues.  (Did discuss them with my PCP when I had my annual check-up in the spring, but nothing was ever resolved.) 



When I walked Marcie and Latina out to the driveway yesterday (in theory to pick up the mail, although there wasn't any) I noticed a hawk sitting on our fencepost.  Didn't get very good pix, but as soon as I posted them on the SW Bird site Max ID-ed it as a Harris Hawk.



Carefully walked around to see if I could get a better view -


and it wasn't happy with me creeping up on it from behind, so it flew away. 


Finished binding Mom's quilt last night, and today should be able to find time to attach the label.  Then all it'll need is a note from Marcie and I can pop it in the mail.



FYI: They did get one of Mom's elevators fixed the other day - at least temporarily.  It was out again yesterday, so she missed an appointment.  Latest word is that now it is "only" broken (again) on her floor.  How does that happen?!



Tom left this morning for Oregon.  He's been checking the fire/smoke situation daily, and it sounds like it will still be an issue (like in so many places this summer.)  Hope he's able to collect lots of good rock this trip, since it may be his last one up there.  



First thing on my agenda today is starting back up at the gym.  Between "power relaxing" for the summer (hardly swam any laps at all) and pigging out on all of Terry's cooking (think I gained 5 pounds!) I'm not expecting to have much fun today.  


While I expect Jim to go easy on my for the first few sessions, I also expect to hear "complaints" from my body over the next several days.



Later this afternoon the plumber is scheduled to come by and install a new toilet.


No comments:

Post a Comment