Sunday, August 19, 2018

It was already hot and muggy outside (NO real surprise!) so I didn't get all the trimming done.  But at least the lantana look better!

before

after

I also seriously trimmed the ones encroaching on the path by the walk-through gate on the east side of the house, but didn't take pix of those.  The salvia are next on my to-trim list.  Of course I knew there would be a lot of catching up to do after being gone so long, and usually I love working in the yard. But it's so muggy out!  


SO grateful to have a pool to get into when it's time for a break!
  


When I popped into the pool this morning I did remember to bring ducky.  That's when I discovered that the our water temp is a "cool" 91 or 92 degrees...


which (as it turns out) isn't nearly as refreshing as it sounds.  



Up at the hot springs, that was about the temp of the swimming pool, which I found uncomfortably cool to hang out in.  Obviously <g> the difference is the air temperature here!



While I was in the pool (collecting yet more cottonwood leaves that continue to fall off the stressed trees) the peahen came for a visit.  She was clueless about my presence, though if I'd gotten out to get the camera I assume she would not have been happy.



Patti was going to Sprouts this morning, and invited me to go with her so we could catch up a little.  Don't really know what's here at the house (and at some point will need to do a real shop) but at least I picked up some fruit and veggies while I was there.  Offered to get stuff for Tom (he's decided to leave for Oregon on Tuesday) but he's going to do his own shop tomorrow.



This intensely purple cauliflower looked interesting, so I bought one.  Terry had told me about purple "green beans" she sometimes gets, which turn green when you cook them. I'm wondering if the cauliflower will change color when I cook it?

No comments:

Post a Comment