Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Today I did wake up somewhat sore after yesterday's workout at the gym, but of course I was expecting that. And we did take it easy, though Jim predicts that after just a few sessions I should be right back to where I was before vacation.



Depending on how I feel (have been warned about a possible herxheimer reaction to the antimicrobial capsules) I may start back up with the Boot Camp sessions this Sunday.  I did mention to Jim that I would expect to only make it through a short portion of  it, gradually working back up to the full hour.



Yesterday the plumber arrived about 15 minutes ahead of the noon-to-4:00 window, and by early afternoon I was the proud owner of a new working toilet.  (But did I mention that one of our other ones has started to kvetch?  Have to hold down the handle for a couple of seconds...)


I had taken a break from house-cleaning, and was reading while Justin was working.  After he was done and I was paying (pleasant surprise: bill was $50 less than the estimate!) he happened to mention that the last book he read was Infinite Jest.  Quite a book to plow through!



Did not hear from Tom last night, so no idea how far he got in his travels.


This morning I filled an entire sheet from a legal pad with things I need to do in my game of Catch Up After Being Gone For So Long On Vacation, and (after a chat with Mom) got going on them. 


 Before it got too hot/humid I took care of a bunch of the outside stuff: swept the garage of all the sawdust from the door installation, watered the plants on the back porch (the rubber tree plant leaves are a nice healthy shade of green once I hosed off the dirt), hosed the porches and topped off the pool, picked up a bucketful of downed grapefruits, filled up the regular bird-feeder (finished off the last of that huge Costco bag of seed) and several other small odds and ends. 



Have a couple of errands to run, and then this afternoon I can get going on whittling down a bunch of the inside things from that list.

No comments:

Post a Comment