Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Karen had a reasonably uneventful trip from NY yesterday, and made it here in time for a soak and some hummingbird feeding before dinner.  Let the relaxing begin!







This morning Mark fed the hummers again, but this time I got some excellent photos. It certainly didn't take long for a few of them to find Mark, and then word spread rather quickly.






I think I was having as much fun watching as Mark was having feeding them.






In an attempt to document the frenzy, I zoomed in. 




Even captured the scarlet gorget on one of the males.



I liked how patiently the one in the rear sat, waiting for a chance to sneak in a drink! (It's not like there wasn't a lot more room at the bar... but guess it was trying to avoid being chased off.)



And then it saw an opening, 
when the drinker was distracted by another interloper -


and was rewarded for its patience. 





The fawns returned this morning.


Guess who they spotted?



This time I got some pix with Mom.



Hey, Mom, is the milk bar open?



Did you get a drink?  


Can I taste some?





It was noon again before I headed up to soak - but at least today the clouds/thunder/rain held off, which was a nice change.  Up at the Party Pool, Bill had finished his moss couple:



There was also a moss mermaid -


and I got a picture of the artist, Sage.



Today being Tuesday, I scrubbed the steps and landing rock with the new wire brush I'd bought.  Since I had skipped last Tuesday (because I went to the Raptor session of Science Camp) things were pretty slippery before I started.  Now they are in much better shape - and considerably less likely to result in a dramatic entrance.



Also played with Justice, giving his Mom a break from collecting the treasure rocks 
that he spotted on the bottom of the pool.  


He, of course, wanted to keep all of them to take home.  I asked him how old he was (four) and then told him "the rule": he could keep one treasure rock for each year of his age, choosing his favorites, and then throw the rest back in for other kids to find.  That's when Justice decided to tell me he was five.  I told his mom that this kid was going places!



Cute little pooch "power relaxing" under the bench.  From his size I assumed Pika Chu was a puppy, but he turned out to be just a tiny (12-year-old) dog.




In a bit we're going down to Elinor & Richard's for dinner. (Steve will stay here with Neil.)  Should be another fun evening, with lots of laughs!  

No comments:

Post a Comment