Saturday, August 18, 2018

Wanda called yesterday to see if I was available to go to lunch with her (pretty silly question!) and Marcie was also.  The three of us decided to try the Saffron Indian bistro right around the corner at 43rd and Union Hills, where I took it as a good sign that most of the customers in there were Indian. 


 After perusing the menu it was just too hard for us to choose, so we all ate from the buffet (available on Tuesdays and Fridays), though we were 'warned' that those dishes were medium-spicy for all their regular customers.  I found one dish just under the limit of being too tangy, though all the others (I sampled a little of everything) were the perfect level of spice.  We all thoroughly enjoyed our meal, and will be back.  



Wanda brought along her new chicken bag (even cuter 'in person'), her adorable B/W musical cat runner (turned out fabulous), a scrappy batik-strip top, and one of her beautiful blue WIPs. She'd had to rip out one mis-aligned block, and if Wanda (!) can make a mistake like that <g> maybe I won't feel so bad next time I do it? 



Wanda had great news regarding her daughter Sally.  



The radiation treatment, which they hoped would shrink the tumor, actually killed it!  No chemo is now necessary, and so Sally "just" has to recover from the August 1 surgery that removed her tibia, and then learn to walk without it.



Marcie is making excellent progress on her latest quilt (not easy keeping all those little triangles organized in the correct order) which is turning out wonderful!  Also got to see/feel the finished 9-lb. quilt (for her autistic grandson) and came home with the other two finished quilts (one for Silas, one for Mom) so I can do the final hand-stitching on the binding.



Latina was thrilled to see her Aunt Bobbi, and showered me with lots of love and kisses yesterday.  I was worried she'd forget me while I was gone, but (obviously!) that was not the case!  Marcie says that she and I are the only recipients of her kisses; even Mike doesn't get them.




Yesterday I did a first pass through the sizeable pile of mail and was able to cull the stack considerably; today I will actually deal with what's left.  Then I managed to take nap in the mid- afternoon (slept for about an hour) but still faded early last night, around 9:30.  Was worried I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep after my bathroom run in the wee hours of the morning - but happily that was not the case and I slept until about 5:30.  Any time I can log 8 hours I'm pleased.



This morning I watered the plants on the front porch (yes, it was already toasty out) and started the first loads of laundry (after I cleaned out all the monsoon dirt that had sifted through the not-well-sealed-enough window in the laundry room.)



Would like to get going on the canning jar quilt for the kitchen, but yesterday when I looked at the pattern Cheri had loaned me I could see it's not the right one.  So I'll need to look for one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment