Wednesday, August 1, 2018

We were 13 for dinner last night (Elinor & Richard and Hilda joined us and Steve had just returned from Denver) before James & Deanna took the kids up to the astronomy pad at 8:00 for their Science Camp session.  I was tempted to join them (especially since it was one of the first clear nights we've had during my stay!) but decided I was just too tired.  And of course it wasn't going to be dark for quite some time yet. 


 Good thing - because in the end I crashed early!



Tonight the kids will be doing the bats (which starts considerably earlier.)  Since Dr. Rocks is running a shuttle (as far as the road goes) I may try and "hitchhike". 

 
In my almost 40 years here I've only been up to the bat cave twice; once when all the kids were small and Neil drove all us up in the big blue beast, and once when Doug took us up on horseback.


Their out-flight is impressive, and worth seeing!  


I'm just not a big fan of the hike (the round trip is close to 5 miles)
but especially back down in the dark!



No comments:

Post a Comment