Thursday, August 23, 2018

Dinner turned out well last night (and for anyone who's interested, the cauliflower remained bright purple even after steaming.)   At least I was done grilling before the wind kicked up.  It sounded brutal, and I thought it was really storming out - but when I peeked out the window sadly there was absolutely no precipitation.



Tom made it to Glass Buttes, and called last night to let me know.  
But since he hadn't charged his phone it was a brief call.



I was up until 11:30 last night reading, possibly because of my nap earlier I the day.  At least I did sleep in this morning, until after 7:00.

  

Have been getting this and that done this morning, though somehow it seems that for everything I cross off of my list I add (at least!) one more thing.  For example, at the beginning of the year I had signed up to be one of the hostesses at the Busy Bees meeting in September - but then discovered yesterday that will be Yom Kippur, when I will be at services.  So one of the phone calls on my list today was to find someone to switch meetings with.  I did that (Carol was fine with switching) but then I had to send out e-mails to Pat (the Hostess Chair) and Monica (who will now be paired with Carol in September) and Patty (who will now be paired with me) so everyone can arrange what food to bring.



Have taken a break here and there to make a few personal phone calls
 to catch up with some friends.


  Linda couldn't talk too long because of issues with Zahn; he's staying with her this week because Bobbie's A/C has been out since Monday!  That would be bad news for anyone this time of year - but Bobbie's mom is on dialysis, so her medical issues make it even more of a nightmare.  They are currently bunking with Bobbie's brother, but sounds like that house is beyond over-flowing with an incredible number other relatives.  Colleen had her usual busy summer, babysitting the grandkids and taking them to their zillions of activities.  At least now that the kids are back in school she has somewhat of a break until she picks them up in the afternoons (when the shuttling to and from all their after-school activities/lesson kicks in).  We are going to try to get together for lunch at some point and catch up further.  Perri hasn't been able to play golf this summer because the poor air quality has been making breathing even more difficult, but the doctor is taking her off chemo for a while to see if that helps.  We've got a lunch planned for next Friday.


Just took a shower, and now relaxing for a bit and waiting for the cleaning crew to show up.


No comments:

Post a Comment